There are a limited number of slots available for the masterclass participants. These participants are singing actors who plan to audition for undergrad OR graduate music theatre programs;
There is an auditor track for high-schoolers to attend the entire workshop. We are encouraging our entire studios to attend as auditors, and please make sure your students are aware of this fantastic opportunity to learn & grow themselves by watching their peers perform in masterclass settings!
Fellow teachers, we have created an opportunity for ourselves--and other interested adults--to audit this entire event! Any interested adult who wishes to do so can register and attend this amazing continuing-ed event in our own backyard! Since we ourselves would love to see even more continuing-ed opportunities available locally for voice teachers in the DMV, we're creating these opportunities so that we, too, can grow professionally through participating in workshops such as Tracey's.
- how to make the most of your pre-screens;
- narrowing down your list of schools;
- audition do's and don'ts (our clinician sees over 1200 auditions every year);
- proven tips & techniques from a prof at a top-10 music theatre program;
- focusing on your body as an instrument to beat the audition & performance nerves;
- beating the audition & performance nerves;
- taking your storytelling to the next level through dance, acting, & singing;
- working with your collaborative pianist (live pianists will work with all masterclass participants throughout the weekend);
- managing live versus pre-recorded audition accompaniments;
- creating a memorable story arc using your 2 cuts and a monologue;
- using improv as a tool in practice, rehearsal, & performance;
- plus much, much more!
Again, there are several different ways to be a part of this amazing event (don't miss out on the Early Bird pricing up through July 28th!)
- you can sign up to be one of the masterclass participants Dr. Brent-Chessum works with publicly throughout the weekend! Enrollment space is limited, so if you're a singing actor, register ASAP using the form below. Please note: Tracey welcomes working with singing actors of a variety of ages and experience levels, from high school to post-college. Rates are $285 through July 28th; $325 as of July 29th and later;
- if you are a high-schooler, you can also register to be an auditor (observer) for the weekend at the special rate of $50 up through July 28th: $75 as of July 29 & later;
- you can also register as a teacher, parent, or other adult to audit the weekend for the special rate of $75 up through July 28th; $95 for July 29 & later. PLEASE NOTE: all masterclass participants--Track 1--can have up to 2 people of any age signed up as their guests to attend any/all portions of the weekend. Many MC participants may wish to choose parents, but they are also welcome to use those slot(s) for anyone they wish.
SingDC™ has been producing musical theatre opportunities for high school students in the Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia for over five years.